Traffic Explosion

*Followers*

Friday, February 5, 2010

Studying, Working and.....?

I'm exhausted! I stood all day and got my rest only just now at 11.20pm. Whew~! (Well, I did have my rest way before that, at about 1.10pm.)

In the morning, I had Kitchen Preparatory class which requires me to cook a/a few dish/dishes according to the recipes given. I admit I learnt & gained a lot of knowledge from Chef Ka and also one of my seniors.

In the kitchen, we were required to do the mise en place or prepare all the ingredients needed before we start cooking. During this time, I learnt chopping, slicing and mincing from a senior. It was really fun and easy, but to be a pro, I still need a lot of practise. =)

After we have prepared everything, Chef Ka (the chef-in-charge that time) asked one of us to cook the rice. (Oh, I forgot to mention that we were required to cook Mi Goreng Mamak & Nasi Goreng) At first he asked one of the boys to cook, but he went off to wash his hands. So Chef Ka pointed at me instead.

During that time, I was so nervous already. I felt that I was going to embarass myself. Anyway, I went in front and did as he directed me. Of course I am afraid of fire, but I'll be a dumbass if I refused to go in front of the stove and start cooking. I mean, if my fear stop me from learning, then what's the purpose for me to go to college and study and learn and blablabla? =p

Being the first one to try to do the dish (Nasi Goreng), with no experience whatsoever, I didnt do it well. I mean it was okay, but I dont feel satisfied. It was because I saw another one of my senior did it so well till I feel so envy and amazed and in awe and, and, and... Hahaha..

Even the students after me were doing it well. Argh, nevermind. There's always room to improve bah. (After everything was done, there was a scene. It was because of responsibility. We were supposed to clean up the utensils and everything, but 90% of them didnt. So blablabla and 2 guys almoooossstt fight with each other but luckily Chef Jack came and talked to the both of them and everything was alright afterward).

After that class, I went off to have a rest because I was very exhausted. My legs feel so weak
even until now
because I stood for a long time. Haiz. So yeah, I know I missed a class after that. (Miss, if you're reading this now, I'm so sorry I M.I.A. just now.)

So at 5pm sharp, I reached my workplace. Yesh, workplace. I'm studying and working (part time) at the same time. I know it's challenging, I know it's tiring. But first day is looking good, though it's so tiring and killing me. I'm happy; it's amazing. I feel happy I'm doing this now. I mean I'm happy I can study and work at the same time. But in the long run, I dont know how I will feel.

Of course I was a bit kelam-kabut and blur just now when I first started my work (though I've worked in that place before this), cuz I've been there for only 1 month. That was in February or March 2007. It means I've left the place for 34months or almost 3 years. What do they expect from me? Of course I cant remember everything! And definitely there will be mistakes everywhere! I have so many things and memories and formula to remember during these 3 years. Hahaha.. But anyway, I enjoyed working there. It was fun. Yah, I can say fun lah. Hehe.

1 comment: