Traffic Explosion

*Followers*

Friday, May 22, 2009

salesperson vs salesperson

This morning (I mean the morning of 22/05/2009), I went to work as usual.. It felt kinda weird, cuz it's Friday but I felt like it was Saturday.. When I was in da bus, my mind suddenly recalled back a situation that happened yesterday (21/05/2009) at my workplace..


There was this guy who is a direct sales agent.. He came to the shop and without looking at other people but me (probably because he thought that my two other colleagues cant speak Chinese), he put down his belongings near the cash register counter and took a catalogue out.. After he greeted me, he instantly asked a few questions and told me bout one of the product in the catalogue... It was lipstick from tut-tut brand.. I looked at the price and it was written 'RM60+'...
I was thinking to myself, wah I cant afford la.. Afterall, I dont use lipstick! haha.. But he kept on talking bout the product.. yada yada yada.. bla bla bla.. I especially hate things like this - people recommending me stuff... (when the fact is I work as a sales person too! haha!) before he finish his words, I already said "I dont think I need this" But he still didnt give up.. He showed me another product... OMG.. can u just go away?


I was looking at my colleague and she looked at me back.. Then we both smiled.. All the time the salesman was talking bout the product.. But he talked too slow and made me feel bored.. However just being polite, I acted as if I was listening intently.. Such a "poser".. huhu.. but the tone of his voice and the 'velocity' of his speeches really make me wanna yawn a thousand times.. And because my patience was getting lesser, I told him "I dont need this" but he still insisted and said I can pay after I get my salary.. so I replied him "Im gonna resign soon.." ouch, wrong answer.. He asked me with lots more questions.. Adui.. how to make this person go away?


Knowing that the situation got worse, I turned to my colleague for help.. But she didnt give any response.. So I stood up, faced the computer and made myself looked busy.. I didnt wana pay attention to what he say anymore.. But he was still talking and asking me questions.. Arrgghh!! I dont have anymore patience! So I told him "Why dont u leave your phone number, then I'll call u if I need this thing.." Instead he asked for my phone number.. But I refused to give him.. So there was a lil argument bout getting this phone number.. Actually I asked for his phone number just to make him go away.. Not that Im interested in those products!! But he refused to give me his phone number too.. So I also refused to give la.. At last, he asked for the number of the shop and my name.. I gave him the number, but my name I put as Jessica.. Haha!! Since when I become Jessica??!! xD


Hearing Im gonna resign soon, he said he knows a way to get RM5000 a month.. not again?! But I really wasnt listening already.. All I had in my mind that time was "Please go away before I become a beast..." I couldnt catch any word that came out from his mouth.. All I heard was "...can use to go travelling..." and nothing else.. Luckily he suggested that he will come back again tomorrow.. And that tomorrow is this morning.. After he left, I was thinking bout a thousand ideas how to disguise myself so that he wouldnt recognise me.. Maybe I should wear a wig, a huge specs and a false teeth... haha.. But when I think again, if I do that I feel like Im bad.. pity him cuz come all the way but then kena fang fei ji pula..


So, this morning I faced him again.. I was enjoying a choc cake when he walked in the shop.. Before he even got the chance to open his mouth, my manager told him sternly "we dont have interest in your product" But he replied "I came here to meet her (directing at me)" Gosh.. Shoot.. But before he even got the chance to speak again, my manager shoot words after words that wanted him to leave.. Thank goodness she (I mean my manager) came to 1Borneo today! At least she can be my saviour... haha.. After a few minutes of their "conversation", two customers walked in and I fled from the scene.. Let my manager handle him.. Haha...


At last he went out with a bitter smile.. however he still asked me whether I can meet him tomorrow or not.. I said "tomorrow Im not working" and walked away.. I kinda pity him but I really cant afford those things!! Im only 20 & not a billionaire.. and beside that I dont use those things!! It's not necessary.. Thank goodness my manager was there.. Her kou cai really good.. However I really felt her words just now was kinda mean.. not mean; I dont know how to describe.. But if I were the salesman just now, I would definitely felt hurt by her words.. But she was really stern and serious just now.. I couldnt be like that.. I will feel like Im being rude.. But I guess she got a lot of experience already handling situation like this.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment