Traffic Explosion

*Followers*

Saturday, May 9, 2009

MoMmA....

dAmn I'm tired!!

I woke up kinda early today, at about 6.00 something; cause my parent were going to send my eldest brother to the bus terminal in Inanam. Whereas me, I was supposed to get ready to work as they know that I will oversleep after they leave... xD However because I was still very sleepy, so I went back to sleep. Hehe.. N luckily, I didnt oversleep! Hehe.. And I managed to reach my workplace earlier than I thought.. =) Good. Another day of being punctual. Im lovin it so much... =)

Okie finished bout work, now we move on to another topic...
I'd planned that I will bake a cake for my mum (for Mother's Day) right after work today.. Actually I wanted to order cupcakes from Cakewalk in Facebook.. But then it was too late already to place my order, and beside that I was kinda trying to save money as I'm going to need it on many other different activities, events and so on.. So alas, this idea of baking a cake myself was the best that I could think of.. =)

However, I received an invitation from an ex-classmate to go out yumcha tonight.. I really wanted to go.. But then I remembered the cake... So I hesitated which I should choose... In the end, I decided to bake the cake as quickly as I can then go out yumcha with them. Something stopped me though... I dont have any transportation to go there... So I wondered and wondered.. I did asked a few friends (which I really dont feel like bothering actually, cuz I got my own license already), but then they also cannot help me.. So, lastly I thought to myself "cancel la... its better if I just stay at home and concentrate on baking the cake for mum"

So after reached home, I washed my hands and changed my clothes then directly started my job.. I hadnt even had dinner yet that time.. All I could think about was to finish baking the cake as soon as possible.. hAha.. So everything started off quite well.. But then suddenly I remembered that the butter was still not melted yet.. And most importantly, I wasnt even sure how to make cream for cakes!! LOL!! OK, honestly I never make cream for cakes.. Last time when I baked a cake for a friend pun I didnt make the cream. Instead I replaced the cream with icing sugar... She and her family still said it tasted good.. So... I dont really need the cream I guess... Hehe.. But I just wanna try it this time..

However because my mum seldom bake and so there were no baking equipment in the house.. Just a microwave.. So because there is no mixture in the house, I gotta use my own hand to mix the whole thing.. It's insanely tiring.. I could feel that all muscles on my arm are tightening already.. haha.. My mum did helped me every now and then to find stuff cuz I didnt ready those things before I start baking..

So after done baking the cake, it was time to make the cream.. Well according to my friend, in order to make the cream I have to use egg whites from 5 eggs, sugar and vanilla essence... But I couldnt find vanilla essence in 1 Borneo and I was lazy to drop by CP and look for it.. So I just left out this ingredient, with the thought that the cream will still be cream without vanilla essence.. haha.. and beside that, knowing the cake is going to be small so I just used 3 eggs instead of 5...

what I didnt know was that my friend was right.. I need a mixture to mix the ingredients... I was just stubborn enough to listen and thought that it might not be that hard to use my hand to mix it.. Just mix egg whites and sugar ba... What could be harder than that?? But then my friend was right... I almost wanna give up when I'd been mixing the ingredients for 15 minutes only (!!!) which was because I still didnt see the egg whites become creamy / cream... So I continued mixing until 30 minutes... Then I couldnt bear it any longer, I just poured the whole thing on top of the cake.. And voila, that's how the cake looked like after I poured the "cream" and decorated it:


It was really simple and not that nice la.. What to do la.. I'm not an expert.. Im just someone who dont know how to cook but can still bake la.. haha... After tried a tiny slice of the cake (my mum was like didnt wanna eat the cake!! LOL!!) , my mum said it tasted delicious.. Even my father said the same thing.. Haha.. Well, I cant cook doesnt mean I cant bake! I always success in baking though not in cooking..! =D So when I presented that cake to my mum, she just looked at it without a word.. What's in her mind, I wonder.. I dont know.. I just wanna show her my appreciation of everything that she had done for me.. I had been a bad girl, didnt even get a good result and cant further my study oversea, so I hope this simple thing that I did for her will at least make her happy.. =)

She's not getting any younger, she's live for more than half century already.. Her age is triple of my age.. My other siblings arent here always... So who else going to help her and my father if it's not me? But I often become the spoiled one.. Huhu.. I wish I could do better to help... But for now, lemme write these: "I love you mum, Happy Mother's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment