Traffic Explosion

*Followers*

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

unscrupulous taxi drivers!


First of all I'm not a citizen who wants to say something bad about the city where I grew up, UNLESS IT IS AN UGLY TRUTH/FACT. And this is FACT.


Today I was late again to college. I didnt have class, but my group members decided to have practise today before the actual role play on Friday. When I reached KK, there were no City Bus available that time, so I took a taxi to college. Approx 5 minutes later, I reached ATIC. When I asked for the fare, I was half mad at the taxi driver, but didnt really care too at the same time as I was rushing to college.


However after that I just couldnt help thinking that taxi drivers in KK (Kota Kinabalu) are getting more than what they should. From what I've experienced, I wonder whether they are allowed to ask for such fares or not. I also couldnt help comparing the taxi fares here and also in Kota Damansara. Well, I used to travel by myself from my sister's place in Jalan Cecawi Kota Damansara to The Curve. It is not that far, but I was still very surprised with the taxi fare. It cost me less than RM5 from Jalan Cecawi to The Curve.


Here in KK, RM5 is like from Kepayan Ridge to Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH). If you compare both, the distance between Kepayan Ridge and QEH is much shorter than the distance between Jalan Cecawi and The Curve. However the fare from Jalan Cecawi to The Curve is much cheaper! How can this be!


That's not all. There was one time when me and my bf were looking for taxi to go to church (his car was not available that time), and this unscrupulous taxi driver asked RM 20 from us when the fact is, the distance is short. Though I didnt fork out a penny, but I think the taxi driver should not charge us that much. I almost wanna stop him from paying. But we couldnt do that. I used to go to 1 Borneo from KK and I was charged the same, though distance between 1 Borneo and KK is much longer. See wth is going on?

Those are just two examples from me. There are a few other examples but I dont wanna mention. Perhaps different part of peninsula cost differently and I dont know that yet. Or maybe the fare is cheaper there as most people will prefer taxi rather than bus, while less people prefer taxi here in KK. But one thing for sure, I feel that it cost me less when I become a tourist in peninsula. LOL. I really wish taxis in KK will also charge passenger(s) according to the taxi's meter. On second thought, rather than wish for cheaper fares, I wish my dad will allow me to DRIVE! Daddy, daddy, pls say it's green light for me to drive!! I promise to be a courteous and careful driver~ Plizz... Lolz..

1 comment:

  1. We all know that online shopping is a convenient option for buying high end electronics items within one's budget. It allows us to get great deals on a wide range of electronics like cell phones for sale,ultimate electronics|cell phones for sale|p90x workout|china electronics wholesale|digital electronics|p90x workout schedule Video Camera, Camcorder, replacement laptop battery wholesale, Portable MP3 players,p90x diet|home theater|p90x workout schedule Home theatre, audio system etc. Many of these online electronics store, provide cheap and discount products. Through online china electronics wholesale store shopping, we can enjoy a great shopping experience for our desired electronics from the comforts of our home.Windows Media Player|Laptop AC Adapter|p90x workout|Apple Accessories There are lots of advantages of purchasing electronics items online like discounts, freebies etc. But we should consider a lot of things while we are shopping online.

    ReplyDelete